The failure of a person to do what they said they were going to do, even when no one is looking is a lack of integrity. No matter what, it is the cornerstone of every vow and pledge you take and defines who you are as a person. People who lack integrity also generally display the following traits:
- persons who have "low integrity" report more dishonest behavior
- persons who have "low integrity" try to find reasons to justify such behavior and become ANGRY when confronted. They will often try and turn the issue around on the other person and find a reason to make it "their fault", or that the other person is controlling as an excuse for their poor behavior
- persons who have "low integrity" think others are more likely to commit crimes—like theft, for example.
- persons who have "low integrity" exhibit impulsive behavior
- persons who have "low integrity" tend to think that society should severely punish deviant behavior (Specifically, people who have a history of deviance report that they support harsher measures applied to the deviance exhibited by other people.)
- Lack of integrity become indicative of individual's value system, and often foreshadows other dishonest behavior that is being hidden
So take a hard look at yourself. Now take another. Do you have integrity? Do you DO what you SAY you will do? Can people trust your word? Are true to yourself and others, and would do nothing that demeans or dishonors you?
You cannot Become the Strongest Version of Yourself without Integrity... trust me. It's like building a mansion on a cracked and rotted foundation. So how can you have integrity?
- Keep your promises even if it takes extra effort
- Never betray a friend’s trust even if you get in trouble
- Do not gossip or talk badly about someone
- Remain true to your spouse or partner
- When in a serious relationship, don’t keep secrets from each other
- Ignore someone’s advice on how to cheat and not get caught
- Do not let someone else take the blame for something you did
- If someone gives you confidential information, never tell anyone what you know
- Be responsible. Do what you say you will do
“Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” - W. Clement Stone
“Perhaps the surest test of an individual's integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect.” - Thomas S. Monson
Start living right. Be honest, be caring, have integrity, CHOOSE to BE BETTER, and GROW STRONGER!